Monday, November 8, 2010

Drinking Water Stations - Are They Safe?

Author:佚名 Source:none Hits:45 UpdateTime:2008-10-19 0:51:44

 
When you arrive at work in the morning, what is the first thing that you do? Before I knew more information on the topic, my first stop at work was to the drinking water stations. You know the ones, you flip the lever and fill up your cup, and then the jug makes all the gurgling sounds as the air pressure readjusts. Instead of getting coffee in the morning, the drinking water stations were my first visit.

My main reason for doing this was to start my morning off right. I wanted to make sure that I was ingesting plenty of water because I knew how healthy that was for my body, so I headed to the drinking water stations several times a day. Little did I know that the likelihood that I was drinking contaminated drinking water was very high, and it is for you as well.

The problem with this scenario is that people are drinking the water from these drinking water stations with the assumption that this water has been purified and is safe and healthy to be drinking. People drink from these to avoid contaminated drinking water!

The problem with these drinking water stations and why you end up ingesting contaminated drinking water is that there are harmful chemicals, bacteria and heavy metals that are usually present in these containers.

Another hazard is that of the plastic containers that they come in. You may have heard the fuss that has come about recently with the byproducts from plastic bottles seeping into the actual drinking water.

Now I tried bringing this up with my employer, with the research that I had done, but they assured me that the company that they used for the water service would not use such unhealthy water in their drinking water stations. So I realized that I needed to take matters into my own hands.

This was for the best though, it made me realize that I needed to be drinking safe water both at work, and at home. The drinking water stations were not going to get any safer, and I didn't want contaminated drinking water to be a hazard at work and at home.

I researched a home water treatment system, purchased a sport bottle that has a built in water filter that I can refill as often as I like, and then also have begun utilizing glass containers for my drinking water. I realized how wasteful it was to be using water bottles, and became even more worried when I learned this water was no safer than that coming from my tap.

Amazingly, I began to feel the effects immediately. I feel more refreshed during the day with more energy, and I have not gotten my usual cold with the change in seasons, and I am drinking more water than ever, and feeling great.

No comments:

Post a Comment